Lake Tahoe during the summer is absolutely magnificent – hiking, kayaking, paddle boarding, biking. So many active activities that sometimes, you just need to relax, say aboard a boat, cruising Lake Tahoeâ€™s pristine waters. Here are some of my top reasons to take a Lake Tahoe boat cruise.
1. Soak in the sun: The summer weather in Lake Tahoe is nothing less than idyllic and one of the best sun bathing spots in the area is aboard a cruise around the lake.
2. Gorgeous views: Lake Tahoeâ€™s scenery is world famous. The breathtaking views are visible on the drive in, thousands of feet up atop the Heavenly Gondola, on the sandy beaches, but the only way to get a truly unique perspective of the majestic mountains is to get out on the clear blue waters of Lake Tahoe.
3. Hang out with friends, family: The two-hour cruise is a great activity for friends and family of all ages to enjoy. You will get the opportunity to learn about and view points of interest around the lake as you cruise over to Emerald Bay.
4. Fresh air and bar service: Not many other activities can pair fresh mountain air with a full service bar quiet like a Lake Tahoe cruise can. Sip on a sweet concoction or tasty hot chocolate and soak in the views.
5. Education with a view: As you cruise to, through, and back from Emerald Bay, you’ll learn how it was formed and some of its fascinating history with a special video presentation.
6. Chance to see Tahoe Tessie: Sightings of the ominous Tahoe Tessie began to be told by members of the Washoe and Paiute tribes in the mid-19th century and continue to present day. Be sure to keep your eyes peeled for a dark creature lurking in Tahoeâ€™s deep blue waters.
7. Be a part of history: Both the Tahoe Queen and the MS Dixie II boast impressive claims to fame. The award-winning M.S. Dixie II is the largest cruising vessel in South Lake Tahoe, and a local favorite. And the Tahoe Queen is the lakeâ€™s only authentic Mississippi paddle wheeler.
Sunset cruises with exquisite dinner service are also fun treat on either the Tahoe Queen or the MS Dixie II. Enjoy the beautiful colors splashing across the lake as the sun goes behind the mountains, with fine dining and some of the best views in Tahoe.