1. Sunshine. I personally love spring skiing. With lighter layers required, soft snow and tons of Vitamin D, it’s pretty hard to beat. (Just remember your sunscreen!)
2. Fresh snow. Yes, it does snow in the spring! A cold front is expected to move in Tuesday and into Wednesday bringing with it a significant amount of fresh snow.
3. Red Bull Snow Warz. This collegiate slopestyle competition is set to go down April 5, 2014 on Ante Up terrain park. Register with your college team ahead of time or stop by the course on April 5 to watch it all go down.
4. Gunbarrel 25. Think one lap down Heavenly’s famous bump run sounds daunting? Try 25 in one day. If you’re up for the challenge, register for the event ahead of time by calling 530-542-5133. Or just show up on March 29, 2014 to watch the spectacle.
5. Unbuckle. As if you needed another reason to hang out with the Heavenly Angels, how about half-priced drinks and appetizer specials. Head to Tamarack Lodge from 3:30 – 5:30 pm every Friday and Saturday plus 4/2 and 4/3 during Spring Loaded.
6. DJ Cat. Part DJ booth, part grooming Cat, part transformer. This one-of-a-kind machine will be bumpin’ tunes outside of Tamarack Lodge from 1:00 – 3:00 pm and at our Ski Patrol Fundraiser on 4/5. You don’t want to miss this.
7. Concerts. One thing you don’t find in every mountain town is concerts. At Heavenly we are very fortunate to have world-class casinos at the base of our mountain who draw in big names like Yonder Mountain String Band on April 3, 2014.
8. Film festivals. If nightclubs aren’t your thing, or you just need some laid back entertainment before your night really gets started, check out The Wild and Scenic Film Festival on March 27 or The BANFF Mountain Film Festival on March 31.
9. Midweek BOGO. With so many fun things going on at Heavenly, you know you gotta get here. But funds are tight. Don’t sweat, we’ve got you covered. Head up midweek and buy one night, get one free.
10. Third night free, including weekends. Can’t skip town midweek? Call in sick and make it a long weekend with your third night free.
See you on the slopes! Or in the casinos, or at the film festival, or concert, or Unbuckle après party …
- Rachel Roberts