You may have noticed the nights becoming much cooler over the last couple of weeks. They say this is a good sign of a great winter but it is also a sign that summer is quickly coming to an end. Don’t panic though, there is still time to squeeze in your favorite Tahoe events and activities before the warm temperatures take a nose dive.
Below is my list of the five quintessential Tahoe activities that are a “must do” in these last few weeks of summer.
1) Music on the Beach at Lakeshore Lodge and Spa – If you are in to great jazz and brilliant sunsets, you won’t want to miss these free shows every Thursday at 7:00 pm through August 29.
2) Celio Ranch Tour – Take advantage of a rare opportunity to tour the historic Celio Ranch. For two days only, August 24 and 25, the Celio family will open its doors to the public for a once-in-a-lifetime event that includes a guided walking tour of the ranch’s rich history and historic buildings and an authentic chuck wagon BBQ.
3) Sample the Sierra – The fourth annual farm-to-fork festival celebrates the best that the Sierra’s have to offer in terms of food, wine and art. Eat, drink and be merry from 1:00 pm to 5:00 pm on Sunday, September 1.
4) Stand Up Paddle Boarding – This fast-growing sport is an amazing full body workout and a great way to enjoy the lake views, both to the horizon and down into the water. Once you feel comfortable on your board, try SUP yoga, pilates or one of the many local races.
5) The Ice Cream Parlor at Camp Richardson – The old-fashioned ice cream at this famous South Lake Tahoe institution is worth the wait in line. It’s only open through Labor Day, though, so be sure to enjoy an delicious ice cream sundae soon.
Enjoy the rest of summer and we’ll see you on the slopes soon!
~ Kelly Campbell