Wahoo! You made it. School’s out for summer and now it’s time to play. In my slightly biased opinion, Lake Tahoe is the best place to get out and explore the outdoors. No matter your skill level or preference for land or water, Lake Tahoe offers a wide variety of activities to kick off the summer right.
1. On the sand. There are countless picturesque and unique beaches hidden around Lake Tahoe’s shores. And conveniently, there is a new app to help you find your perfect beach: Tahoe Beaches. Download it and search by location, amenities or reviews. Don’t forget the sunscreen!
2. On the water. Grab a paddleboard, kayak, canoe, Jet Ski, speedboat and get out and explore Lake Tahoe’s crystal blue waters. There are several marinas around South Lake Tahoe including Ski Run, Zephyr Cove and Timber Cove. South Lake Tahoe paddleboard and kayak rentals can be found on several beaches around the area including Baldwin, El Dorado and Nevada.
3. On the dirt. The gorgeous Sierras provide an unbeatable landscape to hike and discover our environment for all experience levels. Check out our blog post on the best hiking trails around Lake Tahoe. There are also numerous biking trails and downhill mountain biking is available at Northstar and Kirkwood.
4. On the green. Golf season has arrived. With an early and warm spring this year in Lake Tahoe, most of the golf courses around the lake are in fabulous shape. There are close to 20 courses around Tahoe and you can check out our golf course guide here.
5. In the air.Heavenly Gondola, hot air balloon, helicopter or parasail. Get up in the air for some of the best views of Lake Tahoe.