High Roller Hold’Em Features World’s Top Big Air Snowboarders
Mar 18 '13
A couple of weeks ago we announced our new High Roller Hold’Em competition combining the thrill of high-flying big air snowboarding with the cunning strategy of Texas Hold ‘Em poker. We asked you to stay tuned for the list of athletes competing in this one-of-a-kind event and we promised not to disappoint!
Well, you don’t have to wait any longer and you won’t be disappointed. Heavenly and Snow Park Technologies have confirmed the following world-class snowboarding athletes will go all in to compete for a $50,000 prize purse:
– Tahoe local, Chas Guldemond, 25, was 3rd in Slopestyle at the 2013 Burton US Open, 4th in Slopestyle at the 2013 X Games Aspen, 1st at the 2013 Copper Grand Prix in Slopestyle, and 2nd in Slopestyle at the 2012 Dew Tour.
– Ulrik Badertscher, a 24-year-old from Norway, placed 5th in Big Air at the 2013 X Games Aspen, 5th at the 2012 Dew Tour in Big Air, 2nd in Slopestyle at the 2012 Burton US Open and he took 1st at the Oakley and Shaun White Beijing Air & Style in 2011.
– Gjermund Braaten, 22, was 8th in Slopestyle at the 2013 X Games Aspen and placed 3rd at the Toyota Big Air 2013 and 4th in the Big Air Moscow.
– Sage Kotsenburg, 19, holds a Dew Cup title, Silver medal in X Games Slopestyle, Bronze medal in X Games Big Air, Silver medal in X Games Tignes Slopestyle and took 2nd in Dew Tour Big Air.
– Torstein Horgmo, 26, placed 2nd at the 2013 Burton US Open in Slopestyle, 1st in Slopestyle at the 2013 Burton European Open, holds two gold medals and a silver medal in X Games Aspen Big Air and is a participant in the 2013 X Games LA Real Snow Backcountry.
There are still more athletes to come so stay tuned for additional announcements.
The event, which takes place Saturday, April 6th on World Cup Run at Heavenly, will kick-off at 4:30 pm with a live DJ and Big Air Exhibition. Then the snowboarders take to the on-snow poker table starting at 6:30 pm to bet on who can land the biggest trick.
This high-production, signature night-time event is one giant, unprecedented party for both athletes and spectators so put it on your social calendar today and check out the full schedule of events below…
4:30 pm- 5:00 pm On-mountain pre-party starts with DJ and Big Air Exhibition
5:00 pm – 6:00 pm Athlete warm up
6:00 pm – 6:30 pm Opening Announcements
6:30 pm – 8:30 pm Competition
8:30 pm – 8:45 pm Awards Ceremony
8:45 pm – 9:30 pm DJ and Pyrotechnics show
Join us for the high-stakes event. Lodging deals start at just $99/night per person.