Here’s the forecast image through next Tuesday, January 29th.
Miles of corduroy, terrain parks, Unbuckle parties, on-mountain concerts, cool Safety Week events, and numerous days of bluebird skies, have kept us busy during the month of January! Heavenly has been 100% open, and we’ve been taking advantage of our great snow base depth, thanks to a record breaking, snowy December. Snow conditions are great, and our groomers really do a world-class job every night reshaping the mountain for the next day.
A few inches of snow is in forecast over the next couple of days. Heavenly received an inch of snow last night, and since Heavenly has the highest elevation of any ski resort in the Tahoe basin, snow levels were not an issue at Heavenly. Keep an eye on the weather, there’s a chance of snow from now through Sunday night!
We’ve had a great season so far and it’s going to get even better. Here’s a breakdown of what’s going on at Heavenly…
• Heavenly is 100% open, everything from beginner to double black diamond terrain, on 4800 acres – the most open terrain in California.
• There are 3 super fun terrain parks open – Groove Park (beginner), Ante Up Park (intermediate), and High Roller Park (advanced). The biggest jumps in High Roller Park are almost done being built.
• We’ve opened an 18’ halfpipe in High Roller Park (fist halfpipe in 5 years!)
• Safety Week has been going off with cool events like Avalanche Beacon Competitions in Milky Way Bowl, Cal Star Ambulance Demonstrations (helicopter), Ski Patrol and guest’s sweeps, Ski Patrol demos with the avalanche dogs, on-mountain concerts, a Safety Week Poker Run contest with prizes awarded and more.
• There’s an on-mountain concert tomorrow (January 26th) featuring Shotgun Radio, outside of Tamarack Lodge from 1:30-3:30 p.m. Kick back and relax with food or drinks and listen to some live music.
• Snow in the forecast for this weekend.
• Ski with a Ranger every Monday and Friday at either at 10 a.m. or 1 p.m. and learn about the environment including Heavenly’s part to protecting it, the history of Heavenly and Lake Tahoe, and the animals that live on the mountain.
• Peak Performance Academy where the pros who teach other pros, teach you. Three and five day clinics will step up your skiing/riding game incredibly – Feb 8th-10th, and March 4th-8th.
• Tahoe Snowcial social media conference, February 27th-March2nd. The most fun you’ve ever had networking, talking about social media, listening to incredible speakers and of course skiing/riding.
President’s Day is just a few weeks away, so if you’re looking for a great deal for lift tickets and lodging, try this one on for size. You don’t want to sit at home; you want to be on the slopes having fun!