1. Glen Plake- American Freestyle skier and all-around badass is known for his signature sky high Mohawk, usually dyed blonde, purple or blue. Plake has skied through the decades, so any style ski gear will work. At last year’s Gunbarrel 25 competition our resident snow reporter attempted the Glen Plake Mohawk. His advice to her: Focus on the base; you have to have a solid base.
2. Shaun White- With long, wavy red hair and more medals than I can count, Shaun definitely has a signature style. One of his most icon getups was showcased in the 2012 X Games; the fitted, white, animal print pants. To pull of this costume you must get a replica of those pants, black jacket, fake gold medals and a cutout Burton snowboard.
3. 80’s Skier- I have no idea why the trends of the 80’s ever went out of style. They are fabulous. Throw it back to the 80’s this Halloween with a neon onsie and brightly colored accessories. Thrift stores are the best spots to snag one of these gems and don’t just hold yourself to Halloween; rock that bad boy throughout the season.
4. Ski Patroller- Dedicate this Halloween to the men and women keeping us safe on our mountains. Black pants and a red jacket with the signature white cross should do the trick. And don’t forget about your furry sidekick. Get your dog a vest so he can participate too!
5. Ripperoo- The Heavenly mascot, Ripperoo, is one lovable pup. He can be seen around the mountain hanging casual in his Hawaiian shirt or shredding on the slopes in blue pants, a red shirt and his white helmet.
I hope this list has inspired you this Halloween. Share with us what you plan to be this Halloween in the comments section! And from all of us at Heavenly, we wish you a happy and safe Halloween.
~ Rachel Roberts, Online Marketing Coordinator