Wahooooo! We are officially 100 days until first chair (weather and conditions permitting). And I have never been more excited for a season start. This October will mark my one year anniversary with Heavenly and year two already has a ton of exciting things in store for me.
A few things that have really got me stoked on this winter – besides all of the high-profile events Heavenly has planned – are my skiing/riding goals for the season. I’ve never really been one to set skiing goals, but I feel like this is the season to set the bar high and go for it. And now that I’ve put them out there, there’s no turning back!
So here are my goals:
1. Become black diamond skier. I grew up skiing as a kid and switched over to a board when my brother did as a young teen. I wanted to be cool like him and I never looked back. That was until last season. Last season, I strapped into those crazy robot boots, clicked into two planks and gave skiing another try. And it was awesome. The muscle memory starting coming back and I was hooked all over again. So this season I’m making a commitment to lock up my board for one month and dedicate some serious time to those skis.
2. Learn to ride park. Somewhere through the years I realized that I was breakable. Broken bones suck and bruises don’t fade as fast. I became more and more cautious and now, I feel like I’ve elevated to the status of a full blown wussie. I’ve always been known as a fearless person, so this season I’m going to tell my fear to shove it and spend some days in the terrain park.
3. Explore the trees of Heavenly. So much of Heavenly’s terrain is unmarked and it’s about time I explored more this off-piste territory. So I’m starting my snow dances early to ensure a full season of glade skiing and riding.
Fueling my winter anticipation and giddiness has been the plethora of recently released ski and snowboard movie trailers. The pumped up music, stellar backcountry lines, and insane tricks have me crossing off the days with eager expectation until first chair. Here’s my roundup of stoke videos to get you through the rest of summer.
* The Bird Chronicles
* I live for Winter: Coomba and Brendan
* I live for Winter: Barrett
* The Freeskier list of the best ski movie trailers of 2012
* The Snowboard Mag list best snowboard movie trailers of 2012
What are your goals for the 2012-13 winter season? What’s got you excited?
Hope to see you on the mountain soon!
~ Rachel Roberts, Online Marketing Coordinator