I don’t consider myself a superstitious person. However, with 2012 owning three Friday the 13th‘s spaced exactly 13 weeks apart, I thought I would share a few things that might distract those more superstitious people from this eerie coincidence of a day.
1. Go for a hike in the forest: You will be surrounded by a plethora of trees, so go ahead, knock on wood. If you happen to be lucky enough to be in Tahoe this Friday the 13th (or any other time, really), check out this hike to Cascade Falls, there’s plenty of wood for knocking.
2. Play the Penny Slots: “Find a penny pick it up then all day you’ll have good luck.” Head over to one of South Lake Tahoe’s five casinos and show Friday the 13th who’s boss.
3. Watch this Video: Whether you hate this song or you love it, somehow , watching it still makes you feel better and I can guarantee you will forget all about your Friday the 13th fears (at least for 3-4 minutes). 13 or no 13, it is still Friday after all. Also, does anyone actually love this song?
4. Drink a Margarita (or a MARGOrita as I like to call them): Make sure you order yours with extra salt on the rim, that way you can throw a little bit over your left shoulder for luck. Can’t hurt.
5. Buy your Tahoe Local Pass: If all else fails and you can’t handle leaving the house today, there’s nothing safer than comfortably sitting indoors at a computer on epicpass.com. For just $419 you can guarantee yourself an unforgettable winter at THREE of Tahoe’s most unique and versatile resorts. It will be the best thing you do all year, nothing freaky about it. And while you’re at it, you may as well put some of your superstition energy towards doing your snow dance.
Superstitious or not, I encourage everyone to have a great Friday the 13th and to use this occasion to participate in these ultra fun luck-flipping activities!
~ Margo Stoney, Marketing Coordinator