It’s that time of year again in South Lake Tahoe — the leaves are changing, the mornings are getting colder, the days are getting shorter and the nights longer. All of this means one thing; winter is coming, and there’s nothing we can (or want to) do about it! So, here are a few tips to make sure that on November 17th, when Heavenly opens for the 2006/2007 Season, you aren’t caught with your Gore-Tex pants down.
5. Pull your gear out and make sure that the snow from your epic last day in winter 05/06 didn’t rust your edges beyond recognition
4. Check out the new gear editions of you favorite ride and ski mags and make sure you aren’t rockin’ a look that is more outtro than retro
3. Get in shape … nothing crazy, just enough so that you don’t throw out your back on the first run of the season!
2. Get out your ski and ride videos and pick one trick, move or skill you are going to own this season, but don’t tell anybody … just bust it out one day while skiing with your family or friends and act like it’s just how you do!
1. Most important thing you’ll need this year? A trip to Heavenly … so make sure you have booked your trip at SkiHeavenly.com